Would you like to join an exciting team with one of the busiest year-round businesses on Island? We are accepting applications for the following positions below.
FULL-TIME, YEAR-ROUND POSITION
This individual is responsible for the coordination and execution of all events, including venue rentals as well as Dreamland programming initiatives and collaborations and is also responsible for actively marketing all rentals.
Responsible for the supervision of occasional part-time staff and sub-contractors for tasks related to execution of Dreamland events.
This person will report directly to the ED on all matters regarding scheduling, production, budgeting, staffing needs and maintenance.
- Oversee and serve as the Dreamland’s events coordinator with all customers, vendors and partners, as directed by the Executive Director (ED).
- Coordinate, implement and otherwise oversee all aspects of the Dreamland’s facility rentals, including booking events, meeting with potential renters and overseeing contractual responsibilities with partners, renters and vendors.
- Works with the ED and the Director of Finance for the administration of the execution of all events, including third party venue rentals.
- Works directly with the ED and other departments on master calendar management and building usage and space availability.
- Serve as the point person and main liaison for vendors, caterers and venue rental clients for the facility, including vendor relations, external partnerships and contracts.
- Manage payment schedule and required insurances for all events and venue rentals in coordination with Dreamland’s Director of Finance.
- Act as a liaison with cleaners and building maintenance staff pre/post event rentals in coordination with Dreamland’s Director of Operations.
- Schedule staff as needed for events with the Director of Operations.
- Oversee the facility during events, including managing NDF day-of event staff.
- Works with ED to develop and execute mission-based programs and series.
- Work with ED and the Director of Marketing to coordinate all marketing and press materials needed for publicized events.
- Create and manage budgets and contracts for all venue rentals and events.
- Coordinate essential elements for Dreamland programming initiative success with the ED and other staff as necessary.
- Event follow-up will include producing post-mortem spreadsheets, reports, and statistics for programs and events in an organized and timely manner to evaluate the success of the event/program in achieving its goals and as directed by the ED.
Generally Applicable Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills.
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Ability to create a budget and maintain accurate records.
- Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures and rules contained in the Dreamland Employee Handbook.
- Maintain productive relationships with other Dreamland staff, working with other management where applicable.
- Maintain professional relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Leadership/Integrity – Effectively communicates the Dreamland’s mission; builds trust among colleagues; is accountable; lives up to commitments.
- Team Player/Commitment to Cause – Understands the big picture and manages position’s areas of responsibility in a manner consistent with Dreamland’s agenda.
- Interpersonal Skills – Relates to employees and other staff members in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
- Productivity/Organizing/Planning – Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth – Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
Knowledge & Skill Set Requirements:
- Ability to foster team work and cooperation.
- Ability to market and actively sell Dreamland’s various venue rental spaces by working with clients, planners, caterers and other applicable vendors.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interact cordially with clients, staff, board members and the general public.
Minimum Education/Prior Experience/ Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required or qualified related work experience in management position, including hiring and supervising.Event planning, hospitality experience or related; significant experience with and interest in art and/or music and events a plus.
- A high level of organization and attention to detail, including the ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Proficient in customer data management systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time, be organized and detail-oriented, enjoy a very fast-paced environment and interact with people in a professional and responsible manner.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a larger team, possess strong strategic, organizational skills and communication skills, flexibility and willingness to help out as needed.
- Successful completion of criminal offender record information and sexual offender registry information checks.
- Standing for long periods of time, up to 3 hours at a time;
- Lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 pounds;
- Ability to walk more than one mile per day;
- Ability to sit, drive, and perform telephone and computer input functions.
- Near and far vision (correctable);
- Schedule flexibility (work on nights, weekends and some holidays will be required).
- The Dreamland offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package that includes health insurance and a retirement plan.
- To apply, please send the following as one complete PDF file (Word documents will not be accepted):
- Cover letter, including salary expectations
Name the PDF file “Lastname_Firstname_Application” and email it to: Joe Hale, Executive Director
Nantucket Dreamland Foundation
Applications will be accepted via email only and will be reviewed until the position is filled. Applicants will not be contacted individually to confirm receipt of application materials. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. No calls or in-person visits please.
The Nantucket Dreamland Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. AA/EOE
Nothing in this Job Description restricts the Dreamland’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means either the employee or the Dreamland may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.
BOX OFFICE ATTENDANT & USHER
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide guests with a positive initial experience at the Dreamland Theater and ensure guest satisfaction. This experience is created by aiding guests with accurate show times, event information as well as assisting them in purchasing and/or picking up tickets to Dreamland events all while serving guests in a timely manner. This position is expected to work cohesively with all employees of the Dreamland Theater in maintaining an extremely high level of guest service.
Provide superior customer service to all internal guests.
Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
Accurately operate the POS software system to sell tickets, merchandise and concessions goods.
Provide information regarding all events being held at the Dreamland Theater.
Provide guest assistance in theaters when needed.
Help guests locate their assigned seats and reporting any ticketing problems to a supervisor.
Provide guests with directions or other venue information.
Act upon all comments/complaints in a prompt and friendly manner.
Daily and continuous cleaning of theaters and public areas.
Friendly and personable. Excellent customer service skills required!
A team player. Must work well with others.
Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
Flexibility to work days, nights and weekends – including some Holidays.
To apply, fill out the Dreamland Application and return to: email@example.com
Download the Application Here (PDF).
The Nantucket Dreamland Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.