DREAMLAND ASSOCIATES (Posted June 21st, 2023)
PART-TIME AND FULL-TIME POSITIONS
Hours vary depending on the theatre’s performance and event schedule and includes afternoons, evenings, weekends & holidays.
Reports to: Hospitality & Operations Manager
The primary responsibility of a Dreamland Associate is to support The Nantucket Dreamland to meet organizational objectives while providing a highly efficient and professional attitude. The Dreamland Associate plays a key role as the first point of contact for all visitors and callers and therefore must always uphold an exceptional hospitality-focused demeanor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage all Dreamland guests in a professional and efficient manner while servicing their needs and requests.
- Responsible for all Dreamland patron transactions including concessions, alcohol sales, online ticket purchases, merchandise.
- Assist patrons with general inquiries about facilities, live theater, film and special event programming initiatives; be familiar with all information pertaining to current and future performances and activities and be pro-active in encouraging participation in the programs and facilities offered at The Nantucket Dreamland.
- Meet and direct groups, scheduled visitors and contractors when required.
- Operate point of sale system to facilitate transactions. Cash handling required.
- Support all Dreamland productions, special events, live theater, drive in and films as required.
- The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform all work-related duties as requested by Dreamland management.
- Previous hospitality and customer service experience required. Retail, food and beverage, event and theater experience preferred.
- Friendly and personable. Excellent customer service skills required!
- Must be 18 years or older due to sales of alcohol.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Possess excellent sales, organizational, public relations, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Possess good analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail while working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Professional and polished demeanor required.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Competitive Hourly Wage
Send cover letter and resume to Nantucket Dreamland, PO Box 989, Nantucket, MA 02554 or email the requested information to email@example.com. No in person resumes or phone calls will be accepted The Nantucket Dreamland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Teaching Artists for Theatre Performing Arts Camps
(Posted April 23rd, 2023)
The Nantucket Dreamland and Dreamland Stage Company is seeking highly skilled performing artists with educational experience to work with young performers ages 5-18 in our annual summer camp sessions for July and August 2023. Staff members must be available for training on Nantucket beginning June 29th, 2023.
The ideal candidates will possess energetic and dynamic personalities, along with a rich toolbox of performing arts skills, including musical theater, dance, and acting. Roles include
lead teaching artists with directing and devising skills, choreographers, and teaching artists with strong singing and accompaniment skills. Teaching artists must be mature, highly skilled individuals – previous work in educational theater is preferred. Candidates should have exemplary leadership and communication skills and experience working with groups.
To apply to become one of our Teaching Artists, you must submit an application consisting of the following: A video showcasing your performance skills; singers/musical director applicants should prepare their best 16 bars, actors should submit a one minute monologue, and choreographers either a dance combination or an example of their work, a headshot and resume, and three references we may contact. Please submit your materials to Laura
Gallagher Byrne, Director of Theatre and Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are accepting Teaching artist positions for the following:
Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager
Seeking stage managers who are extremely organized and have experience working with kids. The stage manager will do the following: assist director as needed, facilitate rehearsal,
maintain production book as a resource for actors and designers, create weekly schedules and daily call sheets, run scenes as needed, work closely with the director to achieve a productive, positive and professional rehearsal environment, create rehearsal schedule and scene breakdown from script, track spending and production budgets, act as liaison and assist with technical staff. Stage Manager should be proficient in CueLab, Element Light Board, and possess the ability to coordinate backstage crew, including volunteers and production staff.
Seeking trained and skilled choreographers & dance instructors with experience teaching children ages 8-16 musical theater. This person must co-create and implement simple yet artful choreography and teach it to beginners through advanced students. A passion for
theater and for kids is essential as well as the enthusiasm to be in a co-creative role with the director. Experience in any of the following diverse dance genres such as: modern, jazz, ballet, hip-hop, African, folk or Latin would be helpful.
Seeking experienced musical directors with a background in musical theater to teach vocal parts to participants ages 5-18, to provide proper voice technique, training and artistic interpretation. A passion for theater and for kids is essential as well as the enthusiasm to be in a co-creative role with the director. The ability to work well with other members of the artistic staff is crucial, as you will be working intimately with the choreographer and director. Must be
comfortable working with large numbers of kids and must have group teaching experience!
Theatre Arts Camp Counselors
Theatre Arts Counselors for Dreamland Kids, ages 4-8. Ideal candidates are mature, energetic, flexible, youth oriented, hardworking, & fun loving individuals. Dreamland Counselors should possess the ability to engage and direct children while maintaining a positive, upbeat, and structured environment. Candidates will assist in: maintaining an efficient rehearsal schedule,
group management, contributing to a safe and nurturing environment and display a commitment to the creative vision. Creative process training as well as personal performing
arts experience is valuable.
Competitive Stipend for Teaching Artists and production staff. Teaching Artists and Production Staff are contracted, at will employees with The Nantucket Dreamland.