Would you like to join an exciting team with one of the busiest year-round businesses on Island? We are accepting applications for the following positions:
YEAR ROUND BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATES
PART-TIME POSITION (Posted July 25, 2019)
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide guests with a positive initial experience at the Dreamland Theater and ensure guest satisfaction. This experience is created by aiding guests with accurate show times, event information as well as assisting them in purchasing and/or picking up tickets to Dreamland events all while serving guests in a timely manner. This position is expected to work cohesively with all employees of the Dreamland Theater in maintaining an extremely high level of guest service.
Provide superior customer service to all internal guests.
Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
Accurately operate the POS software system to sell tickets, merchandise and concessions goods.
Provide information regarding all events being held at the Dreamland Theater.
Provide guest assistance in theaters when needed.
Help guests locate their assigned seats and reporting any ticketing problems to a supervisor.
Provide guests with directions or other venue information.
Act upon all comments/complaints in a prompt and friendly manner.
Daily and continuous cleaning of theaters and public areas.
Friendly and personable. Excellent customer service skills required!
A team player. Must work well with others.
Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
Flexibility to work days, nights and weekends – including some Holidays.
Must be 18 Years of Age or Older
To apply, fill out the Dreamland Application and return to: email@example.com
YEAR ROUND BOX OFFICE SHIFT SUPERVISORS
PART-TIME POSITION (Posted July 25, 2019)
The Dreamland Theater is seeking to immediately fill one part-time/year-round position of Front of House (FOH) Shift Supervisor.
Job Requirements: Must have customer service and/or hospitality experience, as well as demonstrated team management experience; Computer Proficiency – including familiarity with POS software systems; Ability to process, handle and reconcile employee cash drawers accurately; Stand for long periods of time and lift 50 lbs.
Flexibility to work days, nights and weekends – including some Holidays; Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment; The Shift Supervisor must be able to apply a high level of courtesy and professionalism to all interactions with patrons.
Assist management and staff in the coordination of theater operations. Model and communicate expectations to all associates in a professional and safe work environment. Ensure guest satisfaction with outstanding customer service.
Coordinate and on duty theater staff to perform the “Essential Functions’ of their positions.
Reinforce uniform policy with staff
Observe projectionist and staff and provide feedback to management for discipline and performance evaluations.
Knowledgeable on all upcoming theater movies, programming and scheduled events.
Well-informed about Dreamland Memberships.
Perform daily opening, closing, operational, and administrative duties.
Assign registers/distribute banks (e.g., box office, concessions, ushers, etc.).\
Supply change, as needed.
Accurately complete appropriate cash handling forms; maintain and balance cash handling fund.
Assist with the inventory process.
Maintain and reconcile floor safes and cash drawers for end of day cash reconcile.
Listen, communicate, and work effectively with guests, associates, and supervisors in a fast-paced environment while resolving quest questions, concerns, and issues.
Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts to ensure timely performance of duties.
Perform other duties as directed by management.
Must be available to work Holidays, Nights & Weekends
Experienced with computers (e.g., windows suite, point of sales software).
Excellent communication skills with guests to establish their needs efficiently and courteously.
Ability to handle cash responsibly and accurately.
Ability to develop a growing knowledge of Dreamland ticketing software and POS systems.
Must be 18 Years of Age or Older
One year experience in guest-focused business (e.g., retail, restaurant, hospitality, etc.).
Working knowledge of theater/movie theater operations
TEACHING ARTISTS FOR THEATRE CAMP AND SUMMER PROGRAMMING
SUMMER POSITIONS (Posted January 29, 2019)
Competitive Stipend for Teaching Artists and production staff. Teaching Artists and Production Staff are contracted, at will employees with The Nantucket Dreamland.
The Nantucket Dreamland and Dreamland Stage Company is seeking highly skilled
performing artists with educational experience to work with young performers ages 5-21 in
our annual summer camp sessions for July and August. Staff members must be available for
for training on Nantucket beginning June 28th, 2019.
The ideal candidates will possess energetic and dynamic personalities, along with a rich
toolbox of performing arts skills, including musical theatre, dance, and acting. Roles include
lead teaching artists with directing and devising skills, choreographers, and teaching artists
with strong singing and accompaniment skills. Teaching artists must be mature, highly skilled
individuals – previous work in educational theatre is preferred. Candidates should have
exemplary leadership and communication skills and experience working with groups.
To apply to become one of our Teaching Artists, you must submit an application consisting of the following:
A video showcasing your performance skill; singers should prepare their best 16 bars, actors should submit a one minute monologue, and choreographers either a dance
combination or an example of their work, a headshot and resume, and two letters of
recommendation that speak to your experience teaching or working with youth. For more
information please contact Laura Gallagher Byrne, Director of Theatre and Education at
Teaching artist positions available are detailed below:
Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager
Seeking stage managers who are extremely organized and have experience working with kids. The stage manager will do the following: assist director as needed, facilitate rehearsal,
maintain production book as resource for actors and designers, create weekly newsletters
with director, run or block scenes as needed, work closely with director to achieve a
productive rehearsal environment, create rehearsal schedule and scene breakdown from
script, track spending and keep production budgets and assist with technical staff.
Choreographer – Dreamland Stage Company and Dreamland Kids and Youth
Seeking a highly trained and skilled choreographer with a background in musical theatre and
education, along with experience teaching children ages 5-21 musical theatre. Ideal candidates will have undergraduate degrees or above in theatre, art, music, dance, education, and/or
related fields. Certified teachers are a plus. Strong consideration will absolutely be given,
however, to individuals who have not completed a degree or who have a degree in an
unrelated area, but who have a significant level of experience in one of the above mentioned
fields. Candidates must minimally have a high school diploma and experience working with
children. Candidate must co-create and implement simple yet artful choreography and teach
it to beginner through advanced students. A passion for theater and for kids is essential as well as the enthusiasm to be in a co-creative role with the director. A deep commitment to
manifest a strong creative vision and ability to raise the performance bar for all involved. The
Dreamland Stage Company is committed to building relationships with like-minded artists
who will remain in our creative orbit.
Choreographer and Assistant Choreographer
Seeking trained and skilled choreographers & dance instructors with experience teaching
children ages 8-16 musical theatre. This person must co-create and implement simple yet
artful choreography and teach it to beginner through advanced students. A passion for theater and for kids is essential as well as the enthusiasm to be in a co-creative role with the director.
Experience in any of the following diverse dance genres such as: modern, jazz, ballet, hip-hop, African, folk or Latin would be helpful.
Seeking experienced musical directors with a background in musical theater to arrange and
teach vocal parts, provide proper voice technique, and assist students ages 13-21 in creating
dynamic and interesting musical pieces. A passion for theater and for kids is essential as well as the enthusiasm to be in a co-creative role with the director. The ability to work well with
other members of the artistic staff is crucial, as you will be working intimately with the
choreographer and director. Must be comfortable working with large numbers of kids and
must have group teaching experience! Piano skills are required!
Assists the director in creating the large cast children’s theatre productions with ages 8-16.
Managing staff, maintaining positive parent contact, creating and maintaining efficient
rehearsal schedules (with stage manager) , group management, strong organizational skills, as well as the commitment to manifest a strong creative vision is important. Creative process
training as well as personal performing arts experience is valuable.
Theatre Arts Camp Counselors
Theatre Arts Counselors with strong performance skills in acting, movement, music and dance
to create weekly theatre productions with ages 5-14. Maintaining positive parent contact,
creating and maintaining efficient rehearsal schedules , group management, strong
organizational skills, as well as the commitment to manifest a strong creative vision is
important. Creative process training as well as personal performing arts experience is
valuable. Energetic, flexible, youth oriented, hardworking, & fun loving individuals age 21+;
previous youth experience is desired.
FULL-TIME POSITION (Posted January 18, 2019)
This individual is responsible for the management and execution of all theatrical and event production elements (light, sets, and sound) related to Dreamland programming and special events, including management and oversight of staff, interns, volunteers, and subcontractors. This individual is also responsible for maintenance of all technical equipment and to ensure that they are stored and used safely and securely. This individual is also responsible for basic maintenance of the Dreamland facility, including but not limited to lighting replacement and simple repairs.
- Oversee and serve as the Dreamland’s technical supervisor with all customers, vendors and programming partners, as directed by the Executive Director.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained and stored properly, including lights, movie screens, projector room, and sound equipment in all three function spaces.
- Conduct daily inspections of equipment to include management of remote monitoring contracts, satellite maintenance, scheduling repairs, etc.
- Assistant in event preparation such as stage change overs, seating, etc.
- Report to Executive Director regarding all issues relating to productions in the building and to the Director of Educational Programming relating to Children’s Theatre productions.
- Effectively delegate tasks to appropriate staff, subcontractors, and vendors when required and ensure follow through.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all safety standards, whether established by government, the Dreamland, or other appropriate sources.
- Document master inventory of equipment and advise the Executive Director of any repair or maintenance requirements.
- Designs lighting, sets and sound for Children’s Theatre productions at the Dreamland.
- Maintain projectors, sound equipment and screens in Dreamland theatres.
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail.
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures and rules contained in the Dreamland Employee Handbook.
- Maintain productive relationships with other Dreamland staff, working with other management where applicable.
- Maintain professional relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Comfortable working with children in programs at the Dreamland.
- Knowledge of technical equipment and methods, including film equipment (Christie, Doremi, etc.).
- Knowledge of various production requirements associated with the variety of Dreamland programs and events.
- Ability to foster team work and cooperation.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interact cordially with clients, staff and board members.
- Current on technological developments in the field.
- At least 5 years of experience in related technical field required.
- At least 2 years of experience in management role, including hiring and managing labor and maintenance personnel, required.
- Associate’s degree or higher, preferred.
- Successful completion of criminal offender record information and sexual offender registry information checks.
- Standing for long periods of time, up to 3 hours at a time;
- Lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 pounds;
- Ability to climb up and down ladders, including access to highest areas of the facility;
- Near and far vision (correctable);
- Ability to work at various times of day to accommodate production schedule.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter with references as well as completed Dreamland Application and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
No phone calls. Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with “Box Office Manager Application” in the subject line. The Dreamland is an equal opportunity employer.
The Nantucket Dreamland Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.