DREAMLAND ASSOCIATES (Posted April 10th, 2021)
PART-TIME AND FULL-TIME POSITIONS
Hours vary depending on the theatre’s performance and event schedule and includes afternoons, evenings, weekends & holidays. For seasonal employment, all candidates must be available to work through Labor Day. Columbus Day preferred.
Reports to: Hospitality & Patron Relations Manager
The primary responsibility of a Dreamland Associate is to support The Nantucket Dreamland to meet organizational objectives while providing a highly efficient and professional attitude. The Dreamland Associate plays a key role as the first point of contact for all visitors and callers and therefore must always uphold an exceptional hospitality-focused demeanor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage all Dreamland guests in a professional and efficient manner while servicing their needs and requests.
- Responsible for all Dreamland patron transactions including concessions, alcohol sales, online ticket purchases, merchandise.
- Assist patrons with general inquiries about facilities, live theater, film and special event programming initiatives; be familiar with all information pertaining to current and future performances and activities and be pro-active in encouraging participation in the programs and facilities offered at The Nantucket Dreamland.
- Meet and direct groups, scheduled visitors and contractors when required.
- Operate point of sale system to facilitate transactions. Cash handling required.
- Support all Dreamland productions, special events, live theater, drive in and films as required.
- The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform all work-related duties as requested by Dreamland management.
- Previous hospitality and customer service experience required. Retail, food and beverage, event and theater experience preferred.
- Friendly and personable. Excellent customer service skills required!
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Possess excellent sales, organizational, public relations, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Possess good analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail while working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Professional and polished demeanor required.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2021 with ability to start work on May 13, 2021
Send cover letter and resume to Nantucket Dreamland, PO Box 989, Nantucket, MA 02554 or email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No in person resumes or phone calls will be accepted The Nantucket Dreamland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.