DREAMLAND ASSOCIATES (Posted April 5th, 2022)
PART-TIME AND FULL-TIME POSITIONS
Hours vary depending on the theatre’s performance and event schedule and includes afternoons, evenings, weekends & holidays.
Reports to: Hospitality & Operations Manager
The primary responsibility of a Dreamland Associate is to support The Nantucket Dreamland to meet organizational objectives while providing a highly efficient and professional attitude. The Dreamland Associate plays a key role as the first point of contact for all visitors and callers and therefore must always uphold an exceptional hospitality-focused demeanor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage all Dreamland guests in a professional and efficient manner while servicing their needs and requests.
- Responsible for all Dreamland patron transactions including concessions, alcohol sales, online ticket purchases, merchandise.
- Assist patrons with general inquiries about facilities, live theater, film and special event programming initiatives; be familiar with all information pertaining to current and future performances and activities and be pro-active in encouraging participation in the programs and facilities offered at The Nantucket Dreamland.
- Meet and direct groups, scheduled visitors and contractors when required.
- Operate point of sale system to facilitate transactions. Cash handling required.
- Support all Dreamland productions, special events, live theater, drive in and films as required.
- The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform all work-related duties as requested by Dreamland management.
- Previous hospitality and customer service experience required. Retail, food and beverage, event and theater experience preferred.
- Friendly and personable. Excellent customer service skills required!
- Must be 18 years or older due to sales of alcohol.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Possess excellent sales, organizational, public relations, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Possess good analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail while working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Professional and polished demeanor required.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Competitive Hourly Wage Plus Health Insurance Benefits.
Send cover letter and resume to Nantucket Dreamland, PO Box 989, Nantucket, MA 02554 or email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No in person resumes or phone calls will be accepted The Nantucket Dreamland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.