Hospitality and Operations Manager Job Description
(Posted October 27th, 2022)
The Nantucket Dreamland is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enriching the cultural and intellectual life of Nantucket by providing year-round films, educational programs, live special events and a venue that engage Nantucket in evolving world of entertainment and education. We regularly produce live theater productions, concerts, theatre camps, live performances, educational workshops, storytelling programs, live comedy and dance events, special screenings and much more.
The Dreamland is now looking to hire a dynamic Hospitality and Operations Manager to join our team full-time, year-round. The HOM oversees all daily operations. We strive to provide a high level of hospitality. Therefore, our ideal candidate must demonstrate excellence in hospitality and strong, effective leadership skills. A warm and welcoming demeanor, superb written and communication skills and a proactive approach to problem solving are required.
The HOM is responsible for selecting, developing and leading all hourly staff to care for each other and guests creating an outstanding guest experience resulting in a profitable operation, and healthy work culture.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years experience preferred. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please include desired salary range. Excellent benefits package offered.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
DREAMLAND ASSOCIATES (Posted November 21st, 2022)
PART-TIME AND FULL-TIME POSITIONS
Hours vary depending on the theatre’s performance and event schedule and includes afternoons, evenings, weekends & holidays.
Reports to: Hospitality & Operations Manager
The primary responsibility of a Dreamland Associate is to support The Nantucket Dreamland to meet organizational objectives while providing a highly efficient and professional attitude. The Dreamland Associate plays a key role as the first point of contact for all visitors and callers and therefore must always uphold an exceptional hospitality-focused demeanor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage all Dreamland guests in a professional and efficient manner while servicing their needs and requests.
- Responsible for all Dreamland patron transactions including concessions, alcohol sales, online ticket purchases, merchandise.
- Assist patrons with general inquiries about facilities, live theater, film and special event programming initiatives; be familiar with all information pertaining to current and future performances and activities and be pro-active in encouraging participation in the programs and facilities offered at The Nantucket Dreamland.
- Meet and direct groups, scheduled visitors and contractors when required.
- Operate point of sale system to facilitate transactions. Cash handling required.
- Support all Dreamland productions, special events, live theater, drive in and films as required.
- The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform all work-related duties as requested by Dreamland management.
- Previous hospitality and customer service experience required. Retail, food and beverage, event and theater experience preferred.
- Friendly and personable. Excellent customer service skills required!
- Must be 18 years or older due to sales of alcohol.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Possess excellent sales, organizational, public relations, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Possess good analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail while working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Professional and polished demeanor required.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Competitive Hourly Wage
Send cover letter and resume to Nantucket Dreamland, PO Box 989, Nantucket, MA 02554 or email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No in person resumes or phone calls will be accepted The Nantucket Dreamland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.